Important questions for second & third-semester Database management systems (DBMS).For Andhra university & other universities.
Subject : DBMS (Database management systems)
Valid for 2nd semester BCA & 3rd semester B.Sc.
UNIT 1: Overview of Database Management System
- What is meant by data, information, database, and history of the database?
- Describe briefly DBMS and its applications?
- Explain the file-based system and drawbacks of file-based system?
- Difference between a file system and a database?
- Classify the DBMS, and what are the basic building blocks of the database?
- Explain briefly about Key differences and database?
- Give a brief description of DBMS?
- What are the advantages of DBMS?
UNIT 2: Entity-Relationship Model
- What is ER-model and Explain ER diagrams with notations?
- What are the main building blocks of ER diagram?
- Write about the differences between weak and strong entity sets?
- What is the EER model and its generalization & specialization?
- Explain ISA relationships and attribute inheritance?
- What are constraints and their specialization and generalization? (optional)
- What are the Advantages of ER modeling?
UNIT 3: Relational Model
- What is a relational model and its objectives?
- Explain CODD rules?
- Give a brief description of the Relational data model?
- What is a key and how many types of keys are there?
- Explain relational integrity, including composite keys?
- What are relational Algebra and its operations?
- Explain Relational Algebra operations and CODD rules?
- What are the Advantages of relational algebra?
- Explain Relational calculus?
- Explain tuple relational calculus and Domain relational calculus?
UNIT 4: Structured Query Language
- What are SQL, process, and characteristics?
- What are the versions of SQL?
- Give a brief explanation about commands in SQL?
- Explain about DDL?
- What are table modification commands?
- What are view and sub-query?
- What are data types and operators in SQL?
- Explain commands in SQL with proper examples?
- What are GROUP BY, GROUP BY -HAVING, and indexing?
- Explain about DML?
UNIT 5: PL / SQL
- What is PL/SQL?
- What are the shortcomings and features of PL/SQL?
- Explain the structure of PL/SQL?
- Elements of PL/SQL language?
- How to create PL/SQL programs simply?
- What do the data types emerge in PL/SQL?
- What are the operators involved in PL/SQL?
- What are Database triggers?
- What are the types of triggers?
- By using a database to display all the details of all employees in a company? (optional)
- What are the literals and identifiers in PL/SQL?
These questions are enough to score 90% above with choice questions.
For more such content, comment below…
Any queries, reach us at [email protected]