University : ANDHRA UNIVERSITY
Valid for : BSc & BCA 1st sem
Subject : (Skill development / Foundation Course) Electrical appliances
- What is a circuit? Explain node, branch and closed path.
- Define open circuit and closed circuit.
- Explain briefly about Ohm's law.
- Explain Kirchhoff's law.
- Explain about parameters(Resistance, Inductance and Capacitance).
- Difference between Conductors and insulators?
UNIT 2: AC Fundamentals
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of AC and DC current?
- Explain RMS value, Mid oriented and Analytical method.
- Explain about Single phase and three-phase connections.
- Difference between single-phase and three-phase power supplies?
- What are a three-phase star and delta connections?
UNIT 3: Measuring Instruments
- Difference between an ammeter and a voltmeter?
- Classification of Ammeter and voltmeter?
- Explain about Galvanometer, multimeter, wattmeter and Energy meter.
- Compare the Wattmeter and energy meter.
- Explain transformers and construction.
UNIT 4: Electrical Wiring and Protection
- Define electrical wiring and factors and types.
- Explain electrical safety.
- Explain preventive and first aid methods of electric shock.
- Define earthing and grounding: a. necessity of earthing. b. Difference between earth wire and neutral wire c. methods of earthing
- What are protective devices(Fuses,MCB,ELCB)?
- Explain an inverter and UPS.
UNIT 5: Fundamentals of Illumination
- What is the Nature of light and wavelength?
- Explain laws illumination.
- Explain MH and LED.
UNIT6: Domestic Electrical Appliances
- Explain about the electric fan.
- Explain the iron box
- Explain briefly about the water heater.
- What are IS/IE codes?
- Explain and make a diagrammatic explanation of the Microwave oven and Refrigerator.
These questions are more than enough to score 90% in Electrical appliances paper.