Important questions for Accounting and Financial Management- BCA (For Andhra University and all other Andhra Pradesh Universities)
Subject: Accounting & Financial Management
Valid for: BCA-3rd Sem
UNIT 1: FUNDAMENTALS OF ACCOUNTING
1. What are the branches involved in Accounting?
2. Explain in brief about Cost Accounting?
3. Differences between Cost, Management, and Financial Accounting?
4. Explain the objectives of Accounting?
5. Explain the Limitations of Accounting?
6. Explain the features of the Double Entry System?
7. Explain about Advantages and Disadvantages of the Double Entry System?
8. Classisfy Accounts?
9. What are Cash Book and Petty Cash Book?
10. What is the Difference between Journal and a ledger?
11. Explain in Brief about Bank Reconciliation Statement?
12. Explain the Advantages and Disadvantages of a Bank Reconconcilation Statement?
1. Prepare a cash book.
2. Prepare a petty cash book of your own.
3. Prepare a journal entry book for a month's transactions.
4. Prepare a ledger table of your own.
5. Prepare a BRC (Bank Reconciliation Statement) for a month's transactions.
UNIT 2: FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
1. What is the nature of Financial Statements?
2. Explain the objectives of Financial Statements?
3. Importance of Financial Statements?
4. Explain the limitations involved in Financial Statements?
5. Explain the objectives of the Finacial Statement analysis?
6. What are the types of financial statement analysis?
7. What are the uses and classifications of Ratio Analysis?
8. What are the limitations and Advantages of Ratio Analysis?
9. Classify about cash flow statement?
10. What are the uses of a Cash Flow Statement?
11. Explain about Fund Flow Statement?
12. Explain in brief about
A. Final Accounts.
B. Trading & Profit/Loss Account.
C. Classify Expenditures and Receipts.
D. Trail Balance & Balance Sheet.
E. Define marshalling of assets and liabilities.
F. About Suspense account.
1. Prepare a Trail Balance for a month's transactions.
2. Prepare a Fund Flow Statement for a month's transactions.
3. Create a Suspense account statement?
4. Prepare Trading Account Statement for a month's transactions.
5. Prepare Final Account Statement with help of Trading, Profit or Loss, and Balance Sheet for a month's transaction.
UNIT 3: ACCOUNTING RATIO AND CASH FLOW STATEMENT
1. What are the objectives of Ratio Analysis?
2. What are the Advantages and Limitations of Ratio analysis?
3. Classify Accounting Ratios?
4. About Limitations of Financial Analysis?
5. Explain in brief about Cash Flow Statement?
6. What are the Objectives and Benefits of a Cash Flow Statement?
7. Explain the Limitations of the Cash Flow Statement?
8. Classify cash flow statement?
9. What is the Asset Approach?
10. What are the tools for the analysis of Financial Statements?
1. Prepare a Cash Flow Statement in the Direct method for a month's transaction.
2. Prepare a Cash Flow Statement in the Indirect method for a month's transaction.
3. How cash flow statement workings are mentioned? Give a cash flow statement example with workings statements?
UNIT 4: COST CONCEPTS AND COST SHEET
1. What are the objectives of Cost Accounting?
2. Exlain about Scope of Cost Accountancy?
3. Importance of Cost Accounting and Advantages of Cost Accounting?
4. Limitations and classification of costs?
5. Differences between Cost Centre and Cost Unit?
6. What are the types and elements of cost?
7. About Limitations of the Cost Accounting System?
8. About Cost Accountant & Cost Data Collection.
9. Components involved in the total cost?
10. Explain the Objectives of Preparing a Cost Sheet?
1. Prepare a cost sheet of your own and tally the required information of your own.
2. Calculate the prime cost for a day's purchases and transactions.
3. Prepare a cost sheet for a monthly transaction.
4. Prepare a cost sheet with one-year transactions on factory expenses.
5. Prepare your own cost sheet statement for a month's transactions.
UNIT 5: BUDGETARY CONTROL AND MARGINAL COSTING
1. Define Budgeting.
2. Explain in brief about Budgetary Control?
3. What are the Objectives and Limitations Involved in Budgetary Control?
4. Discuss the Advantages of Budgetary Control?
5. Explain various types of Budgets?
6. Difference between Traditional and Zero Base Budgeting?
7. What is Standard Costing?
8. Advantages and Features of Standard Costing?
9. Discuss causes of material price variance and material usage variance?
10. Explain marginal costing and its features?
11. Advantages and limitations of Marginal Costing?
12. What are the major applications involved in Marginal Costing?
13. Explain in brief about:
A. Margin of Safety
B. Profit Volume Ratio and Limitations of Break-Even Analysis
C. Types of Capital
D. Cost of Capital Importance
E. Advantages and Disadvantages of Equity Shares
F. Features, Advantages, and Disadvantages of Debentures
G. Types of Capitalization
H. Types and Sources of Working Capital
1. Determine BEP (Break Even Point) with a transaction statement
2. Create a statement to show the marginal costing statement?
3. Prepare the value of factory equipment used and tally the information on your own?
4. Prepare a transaction statement to show the P/V ratio.
5. Define Debenture, Capitalization, Preference, and Sweat Equity Shares.
NOTE: These questions are more than enough to score 90% of your marks in your semester examination.
If you want any information or any issues please contact us at [email protected]