Important questions for OOSE
Valid for: BCA & Others/AU and All Andhra Pradesh Universities
SUB: Object-Oriented Software Engineering (OOSE)
UNIT 1: THE SCOPE OF OBJECT-ORIENTED SOFTWARE ENGINEERING & SOFTWARE LIFE CYCLE MODELS
1. What are the historical, economic, and maintenance aspects of OOSE?
2. Describe design and analysis, requirement analysis, and ethical issues in OOSE?
3. Give a brief description of software development theory? (Optional)
4. Explain Risks and Managing Iteration and Incrementation in OOSE? (Optional)
5. Describe the code and fix model in brief? (Optional)
6. Describe the waterfall model in brief?
7. Describe the Rapid Prototyping model in brief?
8. Write short notes about Open source and Agile process?
9. Write short notes on Synchronize and Stabilize model?
10. Explain the spiral model and describe the comparison of lifecycle models?
UNIT 2: THE SOFTWARE PROCESS & TEAMS
1. Explain about Iteration and incrementation process?
2. Short note on requirement, analysis, and design workflows?
3. Short note on implementation workflow and Phases of the unified process?
4. Describe Post-delivery maintenance, Retirement, and Phases of the Unified process?
5. Write a short note on one-versus and two-dimensional lifecycle models in brief? (Optional)
6. Define these terms in brief A. Costs and benefits of software process improvement (Optional)
B. Organization of the team and democratic team approach
C. Chief programmer team approach (Optional)
D. Synchronize and Stabilize teams
7. Explain about teams for agile process and open source programming teams?
8. Describe people's capability of the maturity model choosing an appropriate team? (Optional)
9. Describe the capability maturity models?
10. Write a short note on the chief programmer team approach?
UNIT 3: MODELS TO OBJECTS & REUSABILITY AND PORTABILITY & PLANNING AND ESTIMATING
1. Difference between cohesion and coupling with types?
2. Explain information hiding, polymorphism, dynamic binding, and data encapsulation? (Optional)
3. Describe Objects and reuse? (Optional)
4. Can we reuse a method or process during design and implementation? Why?
5. Write a short note on reuse and post-delivery maintenance?
6. Define portability. Mention the techniques to achieve portability.
7. Write a short note on estimating duration and cost in the software process?
8. Define these terms in briefly A. Planning a software process (Optional)
B. Training requirements (Optional)
C. Abstract data types (Optional)
9. Major components for software project management plan and its framework in detail?
10. Give a brief description of requirements documentation standards and planning, testing in detail?
UNIT 4: THE REQUIREMENTS WORKFLOW & ANALYSIS WORKFLOW & DESIGN WORKFLOW
1. How to identify client requirements and give a complete overview of requirements?
2. Describe the Analysis workflow and the specification of a document?
3. What are the major challenges involved in Analysis workflow?
4. Define these terms briefly A. Object-oriented requirements (Optional)
B. Domain Understanding (Optional)
C. Rapid prototyping
D. Metrics for requirement workflow
5. What are the major challenges involved in Requirements workflow?
6. Explain in brief about design workflow, formal techniques for designing, and metrics for design?
7. Explain CASE tools for design and real-time design techniques? (Optional)
8. What are the major challenges involved in design workflow?
9. Describe Human factors in requirements workflow? (Optional)
10. How to extract entity class in analysis workflow? (Optional)
UNIT 5: THE IMPLEMENTATION WORKFLOW & TESTING & POST DELIVERY MAINTENANCE
1. Explain about good programming languages, coding standards, and code reuse in detail?
2. Describe different types of quality issues while testing?
3. What versus correctness proofs in detail? (Optional)
4. Define these terms in detail A. Black box unit testing techniques
B. Glass box unit testing techniques
5. What is meant by clean room, walk-through inspections, and integration testing?
6. Describe metrics for implementation workflow and its challenges?
7. Explain about post-delivery maintenance management and issues?
8. What is meant by reverse engineering techniques in postdelivery maintenance?
9. Describe metrics for post-delivery maintenance?
10. What Major challenges are involved in post-delivery maintenance?